Friday, February 13, 2009

ali babba



bend winter carnival asked me to do a snow sculpture this year this weekend
i suppose that it's like a movie star doing anything for publicity
my entire body is screaming!!!! the dump truck of snow supossedly one turned into two
another artist flaked, "Herding Kittens" any way, my first group of help was the riverbend school
spetial programs school here in Bend beautiful bright bright boys ,13 ish who all come from troubled homes . I have been teaching them art 5 sessions and the money runs out
they so endeared themselves to me i had to bring them into this project. they were magnificent as any boy of 13 would be with a really big pile of snow. i had a prototype for them to get the visual
and the moved snow
well the snow was dumped on the foot path so we had to mid stream shift the design . sitting ali babba become reclining ali today more work ensues with my high school art class drug and alcohol rehabbies, they are beautiful too!
last night working till after dark he came to life , nostrils more pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment